We've managed to find our groove in GW2 and have been able to comfortably maintain our rotating roster in Gaiscioch na Rall. For a while we've kept things locked down tight as Guild Wars 2 only has 1 setting called "Admin Lower Ranks" which allows people to Invite / Kick and Promote / Demote. As you can guess this could be a disaster waiting to happen if untrained people got their hands on that privilege.
This past week I've managed to code an admin section of our site to compare our in game roster with our out of game roster and list the promotions that need to happen. This allows me to actually implement our rank system in Guild Wars 2 to some extent. As a trial I am opening invites to the guild so that people DO NOT need to register first to get an invite. We now have a Guest Rank that people can try us out before the commit. We are allowing any Guardian or Higher to invite people to the community as a trial. Hopefully people don't abuse their new found privileges and we'll be watching the roster log like a hawk to see if anyone misuses the system and kicks / promotes or demotes people. I don't suspect this should be a problem with members that have been with us more than a year but you never know. If it works well and people don't abuse it I plan to open it to all Veteran member as well.
Gaiscioch Guild Structure
Our guild structure is different from most as we far exceed the 500 person limit that guilds force on us in Guild Wars 2. We have 3 core rooms which allow us to grow to 1500 players before having to rotate members which means that players typically can go afk for several years at a time and still have their core room waiting for them. Upon returning they can simply ask for a reinvite in their core room and receive a quick reinvite by any Guardian+ member thats online. Here are our Guilds:
Core Rooms: These Guilds are for Easy Reinvites to Gaiscioch na Rall and give players an Alternate set of Guild Missions that they can complete for weekly rewards. All 3 of these guilds have many things that can be donated in the guild hall to help advance them. You can also claim WvW objectives with these.
- Gaiscioch na Anu
- Gaiscioch na Morrigan
Activity Rooms: These are where active players from the three core rooms group up and play together. You should represent Gaiscioch na Rall whenever you are representing Gaiscioch as that is where all our active members are. Each of the core rooms will only have 1/3 of the active players in it.
- Gaiscioch na Rall [GSCH] - WvW Missions - This guild is limited to Gaiscioch Members and players thinking of joining the community. We keep the roster at 490 players at all times rotating out whoever has been offline the longest to invite the person just returnings. Being cycled out of Rall does not change your membership in the community. Simply return and request a reinvite for a new invite when you return. Currently Rall rotates at 3 Months of being offline.
- Sanctum of Rall Community [SORC] - PvE Missions - This guild is open to all players in Guild Wars 2 and used to host Guild Missions events. Thus allowing all players to have access to the rewards from Guild Missions.
- You now have the ability to invite people to the guild. Please ONLY invite people who have requested an invite.
- DO NOT promote / demote or kick people. This will be handled by Elders. Unfortunately GW2 only has 1 admin option that bundles invite/kick/promote/demote together in one toggle. If we discover people abusing it they will lose guardian status in GW2.
Warlords / Legends
- All Guardian abilities
- Gain access to the Commander vault for siege weapons and food. Please only take what you NEED.
If you have questions feel free to ask.